Jul 21, 2024  
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalogue 
2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalogue


If you are interested in working as an engineer after graduation, we encourage you to complete Cornell College’s B.S.E. in Engineering. If you would like to work in an engineering specialty area that Cornell does not offer, you could consider pursuing a Master’s degree in that area after completing a four-year degree at Cornell, or completing a dual degree engineering program.

Cornell offers a combined (dual degree) engineering program with most engineering schools on an individual basis. In the dual degree program, you can earn a bachelor of arts (B.A.) from Cornell and a bachelor of science in engineering (B.S.E.) from a partnering engineering school. Typically you will spend three years at Cornell and two to three years at the partner school. Alternatively, you may choose to complete your degree at Cornell in four years and then spend two years at an engineering school to obtain the B.S.E.

The path you choose depends on your intended field of engineering and on whether or not you plan to obtain a professional engineering license. To help set your course, we encourage you to consult with the engineering advisor, Brian Johns, before or during your first year at Cornell.