Kerry Bostwick, Jill Heinrich, Meg Jacobs, Kate Kauper (chair), and Cindy Postler
Cornell College offers a major in Elementary Education and coursework for students seeking teaching certification in grades K-6, K-12, or 5-12. Students must apply to the Teacher Education Program for admission to any of the certification tracks. Applications are due December 1 or May 1 of the sophomore year or August 1 of their junior year. Students seeking admission to the Teacher Education Program in their junior year must have special permission from the chair of the Education Department.
The following conditions must be met before students will be considered for admission:
- File a Declaration of Major form with the Registrar (including certification track if applicable: K-12 or 5-12)
- Complete EDU 215 and at least one additional 200-level Education course (EDU 205 , EDU 230 , EDU 240 )
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher by the admission deadline
- Have one positive reference from a faculty member outside the Education Department (submitted via online form by the recommending professor)
- Successfully complete the C-BASE or Praxis Core Pre-Professional Skills Test by the admission deadline.
Please see the Education Department’s website for additional admission requirements: http://www.cornellcollege.edu/education/index.shtml